By curation, I mean to care for, and carefully select which content is shared, with the idea that removing something can sometimes make a collection even stronger.
This is not how I remember collecting growing up. I remember focusing on quality; on being very critical about what to add to a collection and what to keep out; about creating a collection that wasn’t just a bunch of stuff, but a reflection on the tastes of the curator, and the needs/desires of the audience.
- How Investigative Journalism is Prospering in the Age of Social Media
- On MySpace’s New Strategy
- Movieclips.com Raises $3 Million to Help Bring Movie Clips to the Masses
- Curation is a response to a world of content abundance
- Pearltrees brings curation to next level, adds Team feature
- How Storify Helps Integrate Social Streams Into Articles
- Curated.by Brings Collaborative Curation to the Web
- Use Social Media to Tell Interactive Stories