Beth discovered some wonderful discussion threads about one of her (and my) favorite topics: Information Overload and Strategies for Coping. As George Siemens points out the issue of information overload is not new. His definition of the problem is that it gets in the way of sustained mindfulness in order to get something meaningful done.
What is the solution? Is it human (habits and skills) or machine (technology/software) or a combination of both?
- My New Year’s Resolution: Balancing Solitude and Connectedness
- Information Overload, the Early Years [Voices]
- Forget Information Overload: What If The Real Problem Is Information Underload
- New Survey Reveals Extent, Impact of Information Overload on Workers
- Enterprise Poll: Do Your Tools Ease or Accelerate Information Overload?
- Complaining about information overload in the time of Ecclesiastes
- Trends in the Living Networks: Eight steps to thriving on information overload
- Hertzel’s Information Overload posts